Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tiny Homes

I got a little overwhelmed with everything yesterday. Not everything as in my job, family, etc. but everything as in stuff... as in all of the stuff we have. It is excessive really.

I have FOUR brushes...for me. Why does someone need four brushes?

I just looked around our house at all of our stuff and the mess that is our house and thought about how I can NEVER keep it clean, and I got OVERWHELMED. It is too much. And then I got philosophical because that is just pretty much how I am and I decided we need to simplify.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cut to the discussion Kyle and I had on the way to meet friends for my birthday dinner at Sushi on McKinney (YUM!).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked Kyle if he had ever seen the tiny houses. And he was like, "Huh?" So, I told him how I heard something on NPR one day about Tiny Houses and saw something on TV (channel 13 or something) and I thought it was interesting. And when I explained that the houses are sometimes as small as 89 square feet, he looked at me like I was crazy. CRAZY!

So I used my trusty iPhone and "The Google" to locate this video about Jay Shafer and his tiny house.



I told Kyle that I think it is cool and it would be an interesting adventure to live in a tiny house with a toddler and document our experiences. Kyle's response was something like, "I don't understand where he puts the TV."

Yeah... needless to say, I don't think we will be moving to a tiny house anytime soon (although I still think it would be kind of awesome).

Here are some links to some more info on tiny homes in case you are interested!


I still think they are cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment