Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's for dinner?

Last night I was thinking about the Internet and internally evaluating the personal sites I use most often... I came up with Google (for searching, Reader and other apps), Facebook, and Allrecipes.com. I was a little shocked at the last one, but the more I think about it... I pretty much use it every day.

Since I cook dinner every night (or at least MOST nights) I use Allrecipes to help me locate meals and plan menus for the week. And I frequently use the ingredient search to look up recipes to use the items I have on hand.

Since I find Allrecipes so useful, I decided to make a little tutorial video for you so YOU can find it useful too (humor me... the "teacher" side of me is showing). So here you go...



As an added bonus, here are a couple of my favorite recipes from the site...

I like biscuits, and I like whole wheat, so I LOVE these biscuits. I have played around and made them exactly like the recipe, with 100% whole wheat flour, with half the butter and more milk.... they have been good each time. When I make them I usually bake a double-batch and freeze the biscuits for later. Once they are thawed and zapped in the microwave for 10 seconds or so they are delicious. This is pretty much what I had for breakfast on the drive to work every day last year. 

Which leads me to my other favorite breakfast item... these muffins. They are low-fat and tasty. I use the recipe as a base and then add other ingredients l like - vanilla extract, cinnamon, apple chunks, banana, nuts... pretty much whatever sounds good, and then I freeze and follow the same re-heating process as above.

This slow cooker chicken taco soup is easy and yummy (it is also good with ground beef).

And, if you like quiche this recipe is a great base from which to work. I have made it as the recipe states and with other ingredients (ham, bacon, various veggies). It's quick and easy and delicious.

Oh, and to answer the question... what's for dinner? We will be trying this tonight. Hopefully it will be good.

Enjoy and feel free to share some of your favorite recipes with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment