Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blah!

I have a few minutes before my training starts back up (staff development) so I thought I would take a second to write here.

I am NOT in the mood for about anything today. I dropped Dylan off for his second day at daycare, and it was brutal. There was screaming, and crying, and clinging, and I could not calm him down so I had to leave him. It was pretty much AWFUL. I need him to start liking school again QUICKLY.

So, forgive me if I don't sound real excited about "Operation Declutter," but here is an update anyway...

Yesterday I set some toiletries and such out on my porch for someone from the Freecycle group to pick up, and a lady did. She sent me a super nice email thanking me for the stuff (which I thought was pretty much worthless), so I am glad I didn't just throw it away! I think a lot of people who are down on their luck use the site to acquire things they need/want so I am going to try to use it more often.

I also persuaded my husband to hang two pieces of artwork that had previously just been laying around, so I am going to consider that "re-purposing." :)

I posted some things on Etsy AND already sold one thing, so I put it in the mail yesterday. Now it is gone from my house, and I am $7.00 richer. Woo hoo!

I didn't get rid of anything big, but if I can keep it up for 30 days, I think it will make an impact on my home.

So far, today I have "re-purposed" a container by filling it with lavender sugar scrub for one of my friends. Now I just have to give it to her! :)


4 comments:

  1. Thank you Amanda! I am not sure I have ever been described as inspirational before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you sell on Etsy? I love your blog..read it everyday...so sad for Dylan. Where is your training? I got info. from connections...really like it..may have to enroll my two if this country bumpkin school sucks!!!!!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana - I just posted some "vintage" stuff that I bought at an estate sale... it was a little coin purse. Dylan will adjust - I KNOW that but it is hard. I will update you on school as I get more info and know more that way you can make an informed decision. Love you!

    ReplyDelete