Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hodgepodge

This post is going to be a hodgepodge of information mainly because I don't want to write separate posts. :)

So, I'll begin with my declutter update. I had grand plans yesterday but only actually go to repurposing a container and filling it with lavender sugar scrub (I referred to this site to learn how to make it). 

I ended up spending my "free" time on the phone with Yahoo convincing them that I do not live in the UK and did not send out a desperate email to everyone in my contacts requesting money be sent to Italy to help me get home. Yeah, someone apparently hacked into my account, changed my password, set a different default password and changed my security questions. It was a beatdown, but I think I have everything back to normal now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, on to today... Dylan was still NOT HAPPY (to say the least) when I left him at daycare this morning, so my day didn't start out fantastic, but I managed to be somewhat productive. I finished my training orientation classes so I can now focus on becoming familiar with the CA curriculum. I worked out for 30 mins. on my Wii Fit, finished the laundry I started yesterday, and decluttered a bit (not much.) Basically all I did was put the license plates (which have been sitting on my counter) on to my new car and mail a bunch of bonus box tops to Dylan's old daycare. I also started organizing the pantry and hope to finish this tomorrow (along with some other things).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I am working from home this year one of my goals is to provide less "packaged" food for my family. Pre-packaged food is usually full of preservatives and other undesirable ingredients... plus, I like the taste of "fresh" food better, and it can often times be cheaper. 

On my Internet quest to locate some good snack options I can prepare ahead of time, I came across these ideas and thought I would share.

  • Apparently you can air pop popcorn in a paper lunch bag in the microwave. Who knew? I haven't tried it yet but plan to purchase some kernels and bags on my next grocery run.
  • My husband (and baby) like the Quaker instant oatmeal packets, but I am not a fan of most of the flavors... plus they are too sweet for me. I happened to run across these recipes for homemade instant oatmeal packs and plan to give them a try.
And here are a couple of other healthy snack ideas I came across in case you are interested:

  • Fresh veggies (my husband and I will eat these as snacks if they are convenient, so I spent a few minutes cutting up some carrot sticks, celery and beets.)
  • Fruit (I have tried to make it easily accessible in the fridge.)
  • Low fat cottage cheese and fruit
  • Whole wheat bagel bites with peanut butter
  • Whole wheat crackers and Laughing Cow Cheese
  • Edammame
  • Unsalted nuts (I chose almonds)
  • Pita chips and hummus
  • Yogurt
Feel free to comment with any ideas and/or delicious recipes you have!
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that about does it for today. Time to rest and read my current book selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment