Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Don't Let the Door Hit You...

I received my "exit" survey from Irving ISD today. I am guessing the intent of this survey is to get feedback about one's time in the district.

My suggestion is to ASK for feedback... NICELY. I am sure most people would gladly and honestly give it. 

Perhaps I am taking things too personally, but after serving the district for more than ten years, I would have appreciated simply being ASKED... including this statement in my letter - Your last paycheck will be held until your survey results are received. It will be mailed [not directly deposited.]

Way to make me feel like a VALUED employee... I love being manipulated and threatened into doing what people want. 

I'm pretty sure the door hit me on the way out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment