Saturday, August 14, 2010

More on the Journey to Declutter

My last few posts haven't been about Operation Declutter, but don't despair, I have been working behind the scenes!

I think I am on day seven of the process and need to update on days five and six as well. So without further ado...

On day five I finished cleaning out the pantry, organized it and Freecycled a few baby items. I don't have a before and after, but here are some after shots.

Top of pantry = food items
















Bottom = dogs stuff, food prep and storage
















Random side bar - I am pretty much in love with the Freecycle site because I can list something, put it on my porch and someone comes and takes it away without disturbing me. AND people take opened things - for example, I had some baby Oragel and teething tablets, etc. that were partially used and no longer needed by Dylan. Someone came and got them and now their baby is pain free thanks to my discards. It makes me feel like I am being helpful to someone AND environmentally friendly at the same time.

On day six I cleaned out the cabinet under the sink in the master bath and Freecycled some mousse and a bathroom scale that I can no longer get to work (full disclaimer- this pickup is still pending so it is actually still in my house.)

And today, I Freecycled the used baseboards (apparently some crafty person is going to make frames with them) from my office since our new Bamboo flooring was installed!!

Ooooh... pretty!





















My plan is to go to IKEA tomorrow and get a bookshelf and a few other organizing items for the office and start getting moved back in. I am hoping to sort through the office "stuff" before it makes its way into the "new and improved" office space. I will post pictures when the office is up and running (which will probably be at the end of next week because I will be in Houston Monday-Thursday for curriculum training.)

BTW - I feel like I have organized and gotten rid of a lot of things, but looking around, it doesn't LOOK like much. Oh well, I shall keep trudging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment