Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hominy Chili with Beans Recipe

The other night I made this Hominy Chili with Beans Recipe via Pinterest and My Recipes. It was super easy and DELICIOUS! I amended the original recipe a bit by sauteing a diced onion, a jalapeno, and about double the garlic before adding the other ingredients. I basically doubled the recipe and added about half a can of chicken broth into the mix to thin it out a little, plus I added some fresh cilantro. I think cilantro pretty much makes everything better. I used two cans of diced tomatoes instead of stewed.

And the result was delicious. I am going to guess it is pretty low and calories and fat as well. The only "fat" used was the olive oil I sauteed the onion and garlic in. I had planned to add sour cream and cheese to it, but liked it without so I left them off. Quick, easy, and healthy. Can't ask for much better.

Random product shout-out - Costco has been carrying the brand S&W, and the canned tomatoes are delicious. They taste very fresh, and Costco usually has the organic ones for a decent price. I have gotten the S&W black beans from Costco as well and they are also yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment