Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Little on the Late Side

So, here is my belated post from Thursday's dinner. Wednesday and Friday we just had lefovers so I don't have anyting new for you there.

Thursday I decided to try the white checken enchiladas recipe I keep seeing come up on Pinterest. I'll go ahead and say, this recipe is not really my usual taste, but I thought I would give it a try and I new my husband would like it. The only thing he ever orders when we eat at Mexican restaurants is sour cream chicken enchiladas. So, I made these babies from Joyful Momma's Kitchen.

















They looked and smelled pretty tastey when I pulled them out of the oven! And honestly, they were pretty good, but just not my thing. I followed the recipe exactly except for the addition of some black beans. If I were to make them again I would decrease the amount of sauce and I would add to the enchilada mixture - onions, garlic, and some spinach.

As I said, they were good, but they were too heavy for my taste. Dylan didn't like them either. He tried a bite and then opted for the green beans and corn I served as sides.  So, they got a mixed review at my house - Kyle enjoyed them; I thought they were okay, and Dylan wanted nothing to do with them.

They are worth trying if you like chicken enchiladas, but you might tweak the recipe a bit to make it fit your personal tastes.

On a random and unrelated note, Dylan and I drove to Iola, Texas, yesterday to visit my best friend since second grade (that's a long time, folks). We had a good visist and Dylan had fun playing with her kids and running around in their yard. Here are a couple of the photos I took while there.
Carson

Relaxing

What are you looking at?

That's a chicken folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment