Monday, January 2, 2012

Recipe Challenge Day 2 and Other Stuff

Today was my first day back to work in three weeks. Let me just say, I had a lot of grading and webmails to catch up on, but fortunately, I am a fast worker and am pretty well caught up now! Woo hoo! The kids start back tomorrow, so I'll have lots of calls to make as well as some lessons to plan. Today I got to try working while Dylan was home with me since his school was closed, and I did have to work past my scheduled hours to get accomplished what I planned to, but I did AND Dylan and I walked and fed the ducks (which I a counting as my exercise for the day) so all is good.

And now to the good part... food. Tonight I made Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas via Pinterest and Perry's Plate. I even took some photos (although the one's on Perry's Plate are better.) The finished version was quite tastey. I did deviate from the recipe a bit as far as ingredients go. I roasted the following veggies for my version - poblano pepper, red pepper, carrots, red onion, garlic, cauliflower, corn, and black beans. Here is a close-up of the pre-roasted beauties.

















I used pre-made salsa, white corn tortillas, spinach, and a cheddar-jack mix for the after roasting step. I used more cilantro than the recipe calls for and added a couple of tomates to my salsa because I only had a little salsa. I think this would have tasted even better with homemade salsa, but I worked with what I had and the veggies I needed to use. I opted out of sour cream because I just wasn't feelin' it tonight, but I am sure it would be a tastey addition.

Here it is all melted and bubbly.















I served it with some fresh fruit salad (just cut up apple, orange, and strawberries) and called it a meal. This little guy enjoyed it, so I guess I did something right.























And in other news, I have a "lead" on one of my goals for this year. One of my friends asked me to audit the on-line photography course he has put together, and I jumped at the chance! I am hoping to learn some photography tips and tricks especially since I have been trying to familiarize myself with my dad's camera and its plethora of lenses.

Oh, and I am also following the declutter and organization plan over at My Simpler Life. Today's assignment was to set up a donation station which I already have - my garage (well a corner of it anyway.) The goal is to work consistently throughout the year to get rid of the excess I have and hopeful put it in the hands of someone who might need/want it via Freecycle, giving to friends, and/or donating to charities.

So, what about you? What did you do/cook today?

No comments:

Post a Comment