Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Collapsing Crow and Dinner

So I took time out to go to yoga today even though I was tired (didn't sleep well) and felt like napping instead. If you think I am going to say, I am glad I went. I'm not.
I had an awful class. I took the core class which is usually one of the easiest for me, but I guess my body WAS actually tired and would have rather I listened to it and took a nap. I know this because when I attempted my second headstand I fell... somewhat gracefully. And if that isn't enough, when I attempted Crow/Crane pose I fell forward on my head. Seriously, the front of my head. I'm not going to lie. It hurts. I did, however, get back up and finish the class because I am nothing if not a trooper.

I am hoping for some decent sleep tonight and a good yoga class tomorrow. We will wait and see how it goes.

Oh well, at least dinner was good. I made Creamy Broccoli-White Bean Soup today via Pinterest and Whole Living. I actually did take some pictures but they were awful, so I decided not to share them. :) The soup was VERY tasty. I changed up the recipe a bit by adding double the garlic and double the beans. I pureed part of the soup but not all of it because I like to have some whole pieces. I also just threw the broccoli in the stock because I didn't really see the point in steaming it first. Anyway, it turned out yum. I served it with a piece of french bread.

I did use the pine nuts and Parmesan cheese for garnish, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I LOVE cheese, but if you are trying to cut calories, I think you could leave off the cheese and not miss it. Easy and awesome.

Hopefully I will start taking some better photos soon since I began the online digital photography class I am auditing today. I did my orientation and made my online portfolio page. Yay me! Hopefully you will see evidence of learning happening there soon.

What did you make for dinner? Was it good?

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing some awesome photos along with your recipes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darren I am looking forward to taking some. :)

    ReplyDelete